The choices for FastPass+ at Epcot are very limited for two reasons. First- there are only 12 attractions. Second- Epcot uses a slightly different process for guests to make FastPass+ selections. At this park, rides are divided into two tiers and guests select one attraction from the first tier and then two selections from the second tier.
Considering that Epcot is more of a “touring” park rather than an “attraction” park, many people find this tier system hard to deal with. However, I believe that you can make the tiers work in your favor and still enjoy a wonderful day in the park!
- Living with the Land- a boat ride through the history of farming.
- Soarin’- take a flight over the great state of California!
- Test Track Presented by Chevrolet- Create your own test car and see how it withstands safety and speed tests.
- IllumiNations- Uniting the world in a firework and light spectacle.
I suggest that families decide if they want to get a Fastpass+ for Soarin’ or Test Track first. These two are the MOST popular and standing in line for over an hour isn’t unheard of when it comes to these attractions! Personally, I like to get my Fastpass+ for Soarin’. The stand-by queue for Test Track is a bit more entertaining- at least you have more to look at while you wait. If you are in the stand-by queue for Soarin’ you will be looking at gray walls and a few murals.
Living with the Land is in the same pavilion as Soarin.’ Typically this queue is fast moving and it is a continuous loading ride. While it is wonderful to have a viewing spot for IllumiNations, there are many great locations to view all around the World Showcase.
DIStracted Tip: Frozen Ever After is now OPEN and is a Tier 1 Fastpass+ option.
- Journey into Imagination with Figment- at the Imagination Institute, navigate the “spark” of inspiration with Figment.
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot- Meet Mickey and Pals in their classic attire.
- Mission: Space (Green or Orange)- Blast off on a mission to Mars. Will you be the navigator, the pilot, the commander or the engineer?
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends-Dive in and follow Nemo, Dory & Marlin on their adventures in the Big Blue World.
- Spaceship Earth- Relax and learn about communication through the ages- Remember to thank the Phoenicians!
- Turtle Talk with Crush- Dude, have a chat with everyone’s favorite sea turtle, dude.
Picking a Fastpass+ from the Tier 2 group is really your family’s preference. Young kids will love The Seas with Nemo & Friends, but this too has a fast-moving, continuous loading queue, which makes the line move. Turtle Talk with Crush is a great experience for little dudes (and dudettes!) but it rarely has a line.
Once you have used your initial 3 Fastpass+ selections, you can find the Fastpass+ Kiosks (and perhaps a friendly Cast Member to help) and pick your next Fastpass+!
Have you had a good experience using Fastpass+ at Epcot?