It’s the start of a new year, which means setting new goals! Since Walt Disney World plays a big role in my life, it only seems fitting to create a list of “Disney-lutions.” 2016 is going to be an “Unforgettable” year for the Walt Disney World Resort, and there are several things I am resolving to accomplish this year! Here’s a list of my top 5 “Disney-lutions” for this year.
5. See the new Rivers of Light Show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. This show looks so innovative and exciting; I can’t wait to see it! Personally, I’m not a huge fan of Disney’s Animal Kingdom (covers face with hands). In spite of this confession, Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks put on THE BEST after-dark shows, and I will definitely be making a trip to Disney’s Animal Kingdom to check this one out.
4. Have tea at the Garden View Tea Room at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. After reading Jennifer’s article, I have been looking forward to this. My daughter is now old enough to enjoy this lovely experience, and I think it would make for a wonderful mother/daughter Disney memory.
3. Ride the new Frozen Ever After ride at Epcot. I have been waiting SO long for this ride to officially set sail! And I won’t have to wait much longer to travel through Arendelle, since the ride is set to open this spring. I’m sure the wait times for this new attraction will be extremely long due to the popularity of Frozen, so I will definitely be checking My Disney Experience frequently in the next couple of months to snag a Fastpass+ reservation to ride.
2. Snack around World Showcase at Epcot. I have tried and failed at this before, but this year I plan to accomplish this goal. “Snacking around the World” entails tasting a traditional offering from each country featured in Epcot’s World Showcase. In the past, I’ve overindulged too quickly into my journey. This year, I’ll be putting more research and planning into my choices, making sure to check out all of my options and menus before setting out on this great feat! One thing for sure though, I will be ending my culinary trip around the world with a delicious croissant doughnut from the Refreshment Port.
1. Be chosen as the Family of the Day at Magic Kingdom Park. The ULTIMATE Walt Disney World Resort experience! What could be better than standing in the Main Street, U.S.A. Train Station with favorite Disney characters and welcoming thousands of Guests into the Magic Kingdom?! Being picked as the Family of the Day mainly comes down to luck, but I’ll be following these tips from fellow Magical DIStractions writer Katy, whose family WAS chosen as a Family of the Day. I’ve set my sights high on this one, but a Disney fan can dream, right?
So many exciting opportunities are in store for Guests this year! I can’t wait to start checking these items off my list. Do you have any “Disney-lutions” this year? I’d love to see what tops your list! Drop your resolutions in the comments below!