The Internet is buzzing with rumors speculating when the 2017 Disney World Free Dining discounts will be released. In the past several years the offers have been released to the public in late April / early May so it’s no surprise the rumors have started. Is there any truth to the rumors? Absolutely!
2017 Disney World Free Dining Rumors: Are they True?
Yes. Absolutely. As mentioned above, in the past several years the Free Dining offers for Fall have been released in early May / late April. Each year the release date has been earlier and earlier.
- The 2016 Discount was released on April 25, 2016.
- The 2015 Discount was released on April 27, 2015.
- The 2014 Discount was released on May 7, 2014.
When is the Rumored Release Date?
The release date varies depending on which article you read. Based on the information we have received, we believe Monday, April 24th is the magic day. The Walt Disney Travel Company has not confirmed this information and we will not know for sure until Monday morning. Should the offer not be released on April 24th, we believe it is safe to say it will be forthcoming on Monday, May 1st.
What is the Rumored Offer?
The RUMORED offer for the 2017 Disney World Free Dining discount is as follows:
Travel Dates: Select dates in August, September, November and December.
Minimum stay of four (4) nights with at least four (4) day park hopper tickets.
*Offer not valid at – Disney’s All-Star Movies, Disney’s Art of Animation Little Mermaid standard rooms, Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter, Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside, Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
** Please remember this is only a rumor. We have absolutely nothing to support this as fact.
What Are the Rumored Changes for 2017?
According to the rumors, there are several pretty significant changes to the RUMORED 2017 offer.
- First of all, IF the rumors are true, the only guests to receive the Disney Dining Plan free will be guests staying at Deluxe Resorts. Previously this was offered to all guests staying in Deluxe and Moderate Resorts. The only guests who were excluded were those staying in Value Resorts. They received the Quick-Service Plan for free with the option to upgrade to the Disney Dining Plan.
- Secondly, IF the rumors are true, there are more resorts listed in the exclusion list this year. This will be the first time Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort has not been eligible to receive the Free Dining offer. In years past we have seen Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside OR French Quarter Resort excluded, but not both at the same time. This is going to be very inconvenient for guests looking for a Moderate Resort stay as both Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort are under extensive refurbishment.
- Thirdly, IF the rumors are true, the entire month of October is completely excluded from the offer. Given the popularity of the month of October with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, this isn’t too hard to believe.
What was the Free Dining Offer for 2016?
Below is a copy of the 2016 Disney World Free Dining offer. Stay tuned to Magical DIStractions to see if the 2017 Disney World Free Dining offer is comparable to last year.