Are you or someone close to you a self-proclaimed Disney know it all? Do you love to help others plan their Disney vacations and answer all their questions? If so, then this opportunity is for you!
“There is something so genuine in the exchange of trusted advice among neighbors. That’s what inspired the first Disney Parks Moms Panel in 2008 and why it continues to grow and serve travelers throughout the world 10 years later,” said Leanne O’Regan, Director of Public Relations for Disney Parks. “The panel is filled with personal, heartfelt advice based on panelists’ real experiences in Disney theme parks, resorts & hotels, and cruises. We know this year’s search will bring out another impressive group of applicants who know the ins and outs of planning a Disney vacation. We can’t wait to hear from them and see who will be selected to join the 2018 panel!” ~ Disney Press Release
The Disney Parks Moms Panel has been answering Guest’s questions since 2008. And they are now looking for the new class of 2018! Despite the name, the panel is open to anyone over the age of 18 that meets the other eligibility requirements.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have access to a computer and an Internet connection.
- Have visited either Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort at least once in the last 12 months. If applying to be a Disney Cruise Line® or Disney Vacation Club® Panelist, you must have experienced that vacation within the last 24 months.
- Be able to complete at least approximately 10-20 written responses per week.
- Provide their own opinions, tips and feedback on Disney vacations.
- Submit an autobiography and personal photo and/or video to be posted online.
- Be available to travel to Walt Disney World® Resort during dates between Novemeber 29- December 3, 2017 for Training sessions. Panelists cannot bring family members or friends on the Training visit (detailed dates will be confirmed with Panelists following the search & selection).
- Not be current employees/Cast Members of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including Disney Internship programs, or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts, must not be immediate family members of a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Internships participants, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts, and must not currently reside with a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company, including Disney Internship participants, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any operating participant located at the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts. In addition, participants must not be employees, contractors, advisors or consultants for, must not hold more than a de minimis ownership interest in, and must not serve on the Board of Directors of, any entity of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or of any entity which owns or operates any hotel, resort or theme park located in Orange, Osceola, Lake, Polk or Seminole Counties, Florida or Orange County, California.
- Not be currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being a travel agent or consultant); and not be an immediate family member of, or currently reside with, people currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being an immediate family member of, or currently residing with a travel agent or consultant). (From the Disney Parks Moms Panel Website)
Directly from the Press Release: The Disney Parks Moms Panel is the official online forum where guests can get tips and insights from real moms, dads and grandparents who have mastered the art of planning Disney vacations. Guests can pose questions to the panelists in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese, as well as gain access to other tools for planning and booking a Disney vacation. Featuring just 12 members in its inaugural year in 2008, the panel now boasts 40 park-savvy panelists as a result of the popularity of the site and the ever-growing number of questions submitted by curious Guests. Serving as independent contractors, the panelists receive a rewards trip to one Disney Destination for themselves and up to three family members for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. For more information and to meet the current panelists, visit www.DisneyParksMomsPanel.com.
Each year is the process is a little different, but there are usually three rounds to determine the final panel. This year round one applications open at noon ET on September 6, 2017 and close at noon ET September 13, 2017.
If chosen to be a part of the Disney Parks Moms Panel you must be available to travel to Walt Disney World November 29, 2017 – December 3, 2017. No family or friends will be to accompany you on the trip.
Are you planning on applying for the Disney Parks Moms Panel and looking for a supportive group to chat about the process? Join the unofficial Hopefuls Facebook group- Amazing Adventures of the Disney Parks Moms Panel Search