Want to take your baby, toddler, or preschooler to Walt Disney World, but are worried there won’t be much for them to take part in? Well, fear not! One of the biggest reasons why my family loves the Walt Disney World Resort is because there is something for everyone to enjoy; even the smallest Disney fans! My two daughters were just six months and eight weeks old, respectively, on their first Walt Disney World Resort vacations. Even at these young ages, they were able to enjoy MANY of the attractions. So, for those of you wondering what attractions are appropriate for small children, I’m including a list of 5 attractions children under 5 will love!
5. The Seas With Nemo and Friends (Epcot)—Board your clam-mobile and take off on an undersea adventure looking for little Nemo. The ride is gentle enough for the smallest of babies, and has very interesting scenery and lighting throughout for little eyes to take in. Children that are a little older will like seeing all their favorite characters from Finding Nemo.
4. Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover (Magic Kingdom)—This is a great ride for even the youngest of Mickey’s Mousketeers! The Peoplemover transports you throughout Tomorrowland giving you a quick lay of the land, and all of its attractions. It’s a great break from all the walking, and generates a blissful breeze on very warm days. There is something about this ride that lulls both of my little ones to sleep—a great place for them to catch a quick nap. If there isn’t a line for the ride, Cast Members have been known to allow you to take a second trip through Tomorrowland without getting off the ride and re-boarding; especially if you have a sleeping child. There are a couple of sharp turns, so make sure you’re always holding on to smaller children.
3. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin (Magic Kingdom)—A great ride for small children, even if they aren’t big enough to operate the laser gun. The bright colors and moving parts of the ride captivated my little one while she peeked out from her baby carrier at only eight weeks old. My oldest is four and can operate the laser, but doesn’t quite know how to aim. She still manages to score a few points, and thinks this ride is out of this world!
2. Disney Jr. Live On Stage! (Disney’s Hollywood Studios) Your little one will feel like they’re actually sitting inside the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! You’ll be joined by all your favorite Disney Jr. characters to sing, dance and play together. There’s even a few surprises in store!
1. it’s a small world (Magic Kingdom)—The quintessential Walt Disney World favorite! Kids of all ages enjoy the bold colors, dancing and playing children, and of course the song that EVERYONE knows by heart.
DIStracted Tip: Most of the attractions mentioned above offer a Fastpass+ option, due to their popularity. Make sure you schedule your Fastpass+ reservations 30 days in advance (60 days if you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel) to reserve your spot in line, and cut down on your wait time.
There are many more attractions that young kids (and kids at heart) will enjoy at Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks; these are just a few of my family’s favorites. I’d love to hear which attractions our youngest DIStracted fans love most! Post them in the comments below.