Yo Ho Let’s Go to the Disney Junior Dance Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. What? There’s a dance party with Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Handy Manny? The answer is YES!
There are many benefits to staying at Walt Disney World Resort. One of these is the Disney Junior Dance Party within the Animation Courtyard. It occurs once a week during Evening Extra Magic Hours. You can only attend if you are a guest at one of the Disney resorts.
My kiddos love to dance (the stage at Downtown Disney has provided hours of entertainment). But the look on their little faces as Jake and Handy Manny walked in was priceless. And it gets even better! While the DJ spins tracks from Radio Disney, more and more characters enter including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Pluto.
Have your cameras and camcorders ready, this is a great chance to capture memories (there are no PhotoPass photographers at this event). The best part is, the characters dance with the kids! This is a fantastic time for your kids to be immersed in the world of Disney. My sons danced with each character. And not just for a nanosecond either. The characters’ escorts are really aware of the surroundings and the kiddos and they manage the whole event well.
Late Night Tips for Parents
The natural question is, “I have little ones who are normally asleep during Evening Extra Magic Hours, how can we enjoy without meltdowns?” Here are a few tips that worked for us:
- Split up the day. Arrive early so you can experience Toy Story Midway Mania, Disney Junior-Live on Stage, character meet and greets and any other must dos on your list. Head to your resort around lunch and spend the afternoon swimming, napping as well as taking it easy. Head back around, or after, dinner.
- Try to get a nap in later in the day. Go to the pool after lunch and wear them out.
- Schedule dinner later than normal. We had reservations at 50’s Prime Time Café at 7:10. By the time we were seated and ate it was 8:30 (evening extra magic hours began at 9pm).
- If they fall asleep, that’s okay. Our 2 year old was sound asleep. Five minutes after we arrived, he woke up, looked around and got a big grin. That little guy REALLY loves to dance.
- Don’t plan on an early morning at the parks the next day. They will be tired from staying up past their bedtimes.
Have you danced with the Disney Junior pals? Leave your thoughts and tips in the comments below.