“Disney Family of Wines,” is a diverse collection that has a personal connection to the Disney name: an artistic talent, a sense of what makes for good storytelling, quintessential family DNA . . . all of the wineries display qualities long identified with Walt Disney and The Walt Disney Company, carrying on the Disney legacy and typifying the passion, innovation and quality that the name Disney symbolizes.” – Disney Parks Blog.
There are eight (8) different wineries which make up the “Disney Family of Wines.” As mentioned above, each of the wineries have a distinct connection to Walt Disney and The Walt Disney Company. These eight wineries include:
- Fess Parker Winery The vineyard was purchased in 1987 by the late Fess Parker, actor who is best known from his roles as Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone in the 1950’s and 1960’s.
- MacMurray Estate Vineyards The MacMurray Ranch was opened in 1941 by Fred MacMurray, actor best known for his roles in “The Shaggy Dog” (1959), “My Three Sons” (1960-1972), “The Absent Minded Professor” (1961), and “Son of Flubber” (1963).
- Silverado Vineyards Diane Disney Miller, the late daughter of Walt Disney, opened Silverado Vineyards with her husband in 1981.
- Lasseter Family Winery This vineyard is owned by John Lasseter, the Chief Creative Officer of Pixar and Walt Disney Animation as well as the Principal Creative Advisor for Walt Disney Imagineering.
- GoGi Wines GoGi Wines is owned and operated by actor Kurt Russell. Kurt Russell starred in many Disney films, including: “The Fox and the Hound” (1981 – voice of Copper), “Miracle” (2004), “Sky High” (2005), “The Strongest Man in the World” (1972), and “The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes” (1969).
- Frank Family Vineyards Richard Frank, former President of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, chairman of Walt Disney Television and Telecommunications, and president of The Walt Disney Studios, owns and operates Frank Family Vineyards.
- Chappellet Winery This vineyard is owned and operated by Molly Wells Chappellet, sister to the late Frank Wells, former President and COO of the Walt Disney Company.
- Skywalker Vineyards This vineyard is owned and operated by the legendary George Lucas, creator of Star Wars.
The “Disney Family of Wines” can be found in various Disney Parks restaurants with Le Cellier (Epcot) and Alfresco Tasting Terrace (Disney’s California Adventure) being the only two to carry all eight.