Dole, the world’s largest provider of fresh fruits and vegetables, has partnered with Lucasfilm and launched an official healthy menu inspired by Star Wars: The Last Jedi. This 18-week initiative designed to help parents throughout the galaxy encourage their kids to eat and live healthier has resulted in some pretty amazing Dole Star Wars recipes.
“Unite for a Healthy Galaxy” with Dole Star Wars Recipes
An 18-week collaboration between Dole and Lucasfilm, “Unite for a Healthy Galaxy” features original recipes, galactic nutrition tips, in-store activities, a scan-to-enter sweepstakes with Star Wars collectible prizes and The Last Jedi characters Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren and Poe on hundreds of millions of Dole fruits, vegetables, salads and berries. Dole will release three sets of limited-edition DOLE® Banana stickers inspired by the film and a broad assortment of berry and vegetable products – some featuring Dole’s first-ever “takeover” packaging that will dominate retail produce departments like never before.
The original 12 lunch, dinner, snack, smoothie and dessert recipes range from Beepin’ Colada, a tribute to R2-D2 and Chewbacca’s Wookiee Noodles to the BB-8 Roundabout Sundae and Tatooine Blue Milk, originally poured for a young Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: A New Hope.
Dole Star Wars Recipes Your Family Will Love
Below is a list of 4 original recipes created by Dole Executive Chef Mark Allison and the specific Star Wars character, droid or spacecraft that inspired them. You can find the complete recipe by clicking the hyperlink.
First Order Smoothie (Fruit Smoothie inspired by the Stormtroopers)
Wookiee Noodles (Chicken and pineapple stir-fry inspired by Chewbacca)
Beepin’ Colada (Coconut and Greek yogurt jars inspired by R2-D2)
Threepio Salad (Fruit and quinoa salad inspired by C-3PO)
Additional Recipes Coming Soon
Stay tuned over the next several weeks as Dole releases the following additional Star Wars inspired recipes:
- Praetorian Guards a Poke (Pineapple poke bowl inspired by the Praetorian Guards)
- BB-8 Roundabout Sundae (Pineapple ice cream sundae inspired by BB-8)
- Captain Phasma Salad (Fruit, pecan and spinach salad inspired by Captain Phasma)
- Porgs & Greens (Thai steamed vegetables inspired by the Porgs)
- Tatooine Blue Milk (Coconut banana smoothie inspired by Luke Skywalker and the Millennium Falcon)
- The Resistance Salad (Shrimp and pineapple salad inspired by the X-Wing Starfighters)
- Frozen Fighter Pops (Fresh fruit popsicles inspired by the TIE Fighters)
- Gorilla Walker Greens (Tuna and pineapple spring salad inspired by the Gorilla Walkers)
Unite for a Healthy Galaxy Sweepstakes
In celebration of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Dole is launching a weekly sweepstakes. Enter for your chance to win one of 18 incredible remote-control Spinmaster BB-8s. Plus, with each entry, you’ll automatically be entered to win the grand prize set of Sideshow Sixth-Scale Star Wars Figures – the ultimate Star Wars collectible.