Have you ever attended the Candlelight Processional in Epcot‘s America Gardens Theater? If you are planning to be in the Orlando area November 28 – December 30, 2014, the Candlelight Processional is an absolute MUST DO! Each night, a celebrity narrator tells the biblical tale of a savior born to a virgin in Bethlehem. All the while, the most moving choir singing alongside a 50 piece orchestra provides an inspirational backdrop of songs of hope and joy. There is a sign language interpreter for the hearing impaired. The 2014 celebrity narrators have been announced as follows:
- Jodi Benson – 11/28 & 29
- Neil Patrick Harris – 11/30 – 12/2
- Jonathan Groff – 12/3-12/4
- Whoopi Goldberg – 12/5-12/6
- TBD 12/7-12/8 ** (no 5:00 p.m. show on 12/7)
- TBD 12/9-12/11
- Joe Morton 12/12-12/14
- Chita Rivera 12/15-12/17
- Anna Gasteyer 12/18-12/20
- Marlee Matlin 12/21-12/23
- Isabella Rossellini 12/24-12/25
- Blair Underwood 12/26-12/27
- Steven Curtis Chapman 12/28-12/30
** Celebrity narrators are subject to change.
The Candlelight Processional Dinner Package allows guests to dine at one of the participating Epcot restaurants for lunch or dinner while having guaranteed seating at one of the three nightly shows (5:00, 6:45, and 8:15 p.m.) Adult prices start at $35.00 for lunch and $50.00 for dinner (price includes tax, but not gratuity!) In order to book reservations which are highly recommended, please contact your travel agent or book online. Participating restaurants include:
- Biergarten Restaurant
- Chefs de France
- Coral Reef Restaurant
- The Garden Grill
- La Hacienda de San Angel
- Nine Dragons Restaurant
- Restaurant Marrakesh
- Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room
- San Angel Inn Restaurante
- Teppan Edo
- Tokyo Dining
- Tutto Italia Ristorante
- Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria
DIStracted Tip: You will receive your Candlelight Processional Badge at the restaurant for guaranteed seating at the American Gardens Theater for the booked show time.
I will never forget the first time I was walking through the World Showcase and heard the most angelic sounds of “O Holy Night” coming from the America Gardens Theater. After spending a week hearing happy, joyful Disney music it was refreshing to actually hear a biblical Christmas song. I found myself running towards this music with my children in tow. We stood in the back of a packed theater to catch the last parts of the Candlelight Processional. I was speechless. Speechless with tears streaming down my face. Never in my life had I ever seen anything like this before! Sure we go to church throughout the Christmas holidays, however, nothing can prepare you for the delivery of this message until you see it for yourself!
We booked the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package for the very next year so we could sit and watch it all the way through. Lea Salonga, voice of Jasmine and Mulan, was the celebrity narrator and she was amazing! This will continue to be a tradition for my family each and every year we travel to Walt Disney World over the Christmas Holidays. I assure you, this is something you do not want to miss!
- Seating at the Candlelight Processional is first-come, first-served unless you’ve reserved a Candlelight Processional Dining Package.
- Dining packages are paid for at the individual restaurant, where you’ll receive your Candlelight Seating badges for seating at the America Gardens Theatre for the booked showtime.
- Advance reservations are highly recommended for the Candlelight Processional Dining Packages and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit.
- Park admission is required and is not included in the price of the dining package.