Disney Cruise Line (DCL) offers exciting Port Adentures sure to please everyone! With so many to choose from, where do you start?
My family and I took our very first cruise together in 2014. We knew, before we even booked it, exactly which cruise line we wanted to try. Without exception, among the many cruise lines our friends have used, Disney ranked at the very top when recommendations were given. After booking the cruise, there really wasn’t much planning to do. But, the one thing that we were excited to plan were our Port Adventures.
Choosing the right adventures for you and your family can be daunting. For every port, Disney Cruise Line offers MANY options. Just remember to keep it fun for everyone! I am excited to share five Port Adventures with you from the Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries.
For our first adventure, we will cruise down to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
- Land’s End Coastal Cruise, Cabo San Lucas Mexico- During this adventure you will take a gorgeous boat on a cruise around the Arch of Poseidon and Land’s End, then back into the harbor. This is followed by a bus ride out to a scenic stop where you will be able to get a great view of your DCL cruise ship as well as some of the beautiful vistas Cabo San Lucas has to offer.
Next, we will journey to Jamaica for a Cool Runnings style adventure.
2. Bobsled Jamaica and Dunns River Falls, Falmouth Jamaica- Follow in the steps of the Jamaican bobsled team with this fun excursion. As you zoom around on your bobsled you will behold the beauty of Jamaica’s rainforest. The ride will take you on a 3,200 ft. plunge of twists and turns reminiscent of the Jamaican Bobsled Team featured in the inspiring movie, Cool Runnings. This adventure also includes a chance to climb beautiful Dunns River Falls, and time to take in an educational exhibit as well.
Our third stop will take us Under the Sea in Mexico.
3. Atlantis Submarine Expedition, Cozumel Mexico- This adventure will take you deep beneath the ocean surface to gaze on the underwater sea life in Cozumel. You will reach a maximum depth of 110 feet. There are guides to show you what creatures to look for on your adventure. You will witness many tropical fish and coral formations during your underwater explorations.
We have just two more adventures to dig into. Next we will explore two worlds on one island.
4. Under 2 Flags Island Tour, St. Maarten in the Virgin Islands- How many opportunities in your lifetime will you get to visit two countries on the same day? On this educational adventure, you will journey from Dutch St. Maarten to French St. Maarten. Your tour guide will take you on a journey between two worlds. This excursion includes stops at scenic overlooks, a ride on the beautiful new Venetian Carousel, and time to shop at some of the French boutiques St. Maarten has to offer.
Finally, our last adventure will take us back to Mexico.
5. Cozumel Highlights, Ruins and Discover Mexico Cultural Park – Our last adventure has a little bit of everything. It is sure to please the entire family. You will have the unique experience of watching a “stunt” show performed by five daredevils. In addition, you will be able to see how chocolate is made, even adding your own ingredients to sweeten it! The highlight of this adventure will be the Ruins of San Gervasio.
As you can see, Disney Cruise Line has lots of Port Adventures to offer on your Caribbean cruise. These were only a small sampling. If an Alaskan cruise is more your taste, be sure to check out these articles! Have you taken a cruise with DCL? What sort of adventures did you enjoy? I would love to hear about them in the comments below!