This Mother’s Day, why not celebrate mom and enjoy a great meal at the “most magical place on Earth?” Several locations around the Walt Disney World® Resort are ready to help you show mom how much you care…with lots and lots of food!
Families can drop anchor for brunch at the Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort (from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm) or surf over to The Wave…of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort (from 7:30 am to 3 pm.) Each locale’s brunch includes a carving station, traditional breakfast and bakery items, an omelet station, and a plethora of brunch selections.
For a Mother’s Day full of “character,” Chef Mickey’s (also at Disney’s Contemporary Resort) will offer brunch from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm. Hosted by the “Fab Five,” (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy & Pluto) families will enjoy a great many traditional breakfast and brunch selections.
Not to be outdone, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel will offer a special Mother’s Day character-dining breakfast from 7:00 am to 10:00 am and brunch from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm at Garden Grove, featuring Goofy, Pluto, Chip, & Dale. Additionally, guests at Todd English’s bluezoo will receive a $25 gift certificate and a rose for every two adult entrees purchased on Mother’s Day.
If you happen to be a member of the Disney Vacation Club, pamper mom with an “unforgettable day of great food, music and family fun” at a Mother’s Day celebration in the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort (they have a very busy Mother’s Day planned at the Contemporary Resort!)
According to the site, event highlights include:
- Interactive children’s craft stations, where kids can make Mother’s Day flowers and cards
- Mickey, Minnie & Mom! Our host couple is decked out in their finest spring attire and ready to join you for a family photo—yours to take home with our compliments.
- Individual Party Seating. Each Member’s party will be seated at its own individual table so you can enjoy the brunch and performance as a group.
- A “Bountiful Florida Harvest” Buffet Brunch featuring fresh seasonal choices, Mother’s Day mimosas and a variety of delicious options for the entire family. View menu.
- A Celebration of Moms Live Musical Performance, featuring some of your favorite Disney songs paying tribute to mothers, family and togetherness.
Reservations for this member exclusive experience must be made by calling member services before May 4th.
And, if you really want to treat mom this year, spoil her silly with a visit to the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World® Resort. There, from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm, the Mother’s Day Buffet at Ravello will offer lobster tail medallions, sushi, caviar, mustard & herb crusted prime rib of beef, raspberry champagne gelee, and so much more. The complete menu can be found here.
For $20 per person more, mom and guests can enjoy an unlimited bloody mary and mimosa station.
Advanced Dining Reservations (ADRs) for all of these experiences (except the Disney Vacation Club members only event) can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463), online at disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/, or by calling your Travel Agent.
So, how will you celebrate mom this Mother’s Day? Personally, I’m hoping to score an Advanced Dining Reservation for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. Because nothing says Mother’s Day like Mary Poppins and the best omelet station on property…in my humble opinion (but that’s a post for another day.)