When Magical DIStractions asked me to name my favorite Disney Resort my mind went straight to the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa in Disneyland. This American Craftsman style hotel really celebrates the outdoors. Inspired by the rustic lodges of national parks, the stone and wood accents really bring the outdoors inside, and the 6 story lobby is beyond Grand. Many rooms offer views of California Adventure Park and the Downtown Disney District, and the hotel offers a special entrance into the park for guests only! One of the greatest things about the Grand Californian is that you can take a day off from visiting the parks, spend the entire day at the hotel and never get bored. Here are my Top 5 ways to enjoy your day at the Grand Californian.
1. Eat! From award winning food and wine at Napa Rose to a Character Breakfast at Storyteller’s Café there’s something for every palette. In addition, there are two lounges, in-room dining and a snack bar with quick service meal options
2. Swim! Choose from the Redwood Pool with waterslide, the Mickey Mouse shaped children’s pool or two other, more tranquil, pool and whirlpool areas. Make sure to head over to the Fountain Pool at 2pm daily for a pool party with games, music and dancing.
3. Exercise! Besides the hotel’s Eureka Fitness Center you can also enjoy a complimentary Pilates style workout at the Outdoor Fireplace. A great way to start the day.
4. Explore! Reserve a spot for a complimentary tour of the hotel and learn how the Arts & Crafts movement inspired the design of the hotel. You can also take the kids on a Grand Quest. This engaging scavenger hunt throughout the hotel will reward young explorers with a special treat upon completion.
5. Relax! End the day by choosing a treatment at the Madera Spa, a movie with the family at the outdoor fireplace or my favorite, a drink from the Hearthstone Lounge and a rocking chair in front of the cozy lobby fireplace.
As always, I would love to help you plan a magical vacation to the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa or any other Disney Destination.