Most people I know create a list of resolutions at the beginning of each new year. I admit to having done that in the past. Sometimes I’ve been successful, and sometimes not. This year, I decided to write a list of Disney resolutions. I’m guessing that they’ll be easier to keep than the more normal ones. At least I hope they will be!
1. Stay at a new Disney resort. I’m cheating a little with this one. I already have reservations in January at the DVC Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge. And it will be my first time staying there.
2. Eat at a new Disney restaurant. This one will be super easy to keep. With all of the restaurants that have opened recently (Morimoto Asia, The BOATHOUSE and Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar in Disney Springs) and some that are scheduled to open soon or in 2016 (Skipper Canteen in the Magic Kingdom and STK Steakhouse in Disney Springs) I have some difficult choices to make.
3. Go on a ride that I’ve never experienced. Ok, confession time. Even though I’ve been to Walt Disney World almost more times than I can count, there are still a few things I haven’t done. The list is short, but I do want to cross the items off one by one. First up is going to be Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom.
4. Get an ear hat and have my name embroidered on it. I haven’t done this since my senior year in high school when I went for Grad Night.
5. Buy a Mickey balloon. Again, something I haven’t done since I was a small child.
6. Watch a parade. I admit it. I’m one of the “Ooh, the parade is starting soon – let’s avoid Main Street U.S.A. and the parade route and get in line for rides” people. It’s not that I don’t enjoy them when I see them, it’s that I’d rather be away from the crowd and in shorter lines. This time I’d like to see the Festival of Fantasy parade.
7. Ride the resort monorail loop all the way around and get off where I started. Just because I can.
8. Fully explore all of the countries in World Showcase at Epcot. When Epcot first opened, I spent a good portion of my days there investigating all areas of each country. I haven’t done that since, and I’m eager to see what’s changed and what is still the same.
9. Play miniature golf at either Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland. Every time I plan a trip I think this is a great idea, but somehow we wind up spending all of our time at the parks and never get to do it.
10. Make a reservation for another trip in 2017. Yeah, this one is pretty much a no-brainer.
What are your Disney resolutions for 2016?