Guests at Walt Disney World Resort will be able to partake in a new dining offering when California Grill begins serving Sunday brunch on February 7, 2016. The “Brunch at the Top” promises to be a delightful experience. Previously, the beautiful California Grill only served dinner. The restaurant, in addition to having spectacular views from the floor-to-ceiling windows, boasts a Mid-Century Modern design that has a totally different feel in the daytime.
For those so inclined, the restaurant has 1,600 bottles of wine and champagne on display to choose from – and cocktails (including a signature brunch cocktail) and craft brews are also available, as is a “Bloody Mary Bar.” Kids may choose to have a faux Mimosa, and one may also choose custom-roast French press coffee.
The brunch experience begins with a delivery to your table of an assortment of house-made pastries. Savor such incredible delights as cranberry-pecan scones, Tillamook cheddar biscuits, and caramel apple Monkey bread accompanied by orange blossom honey butter and house-made jam.
Once Guests have had their fill of pastries, they may head over to the open show kitchen to interact with the culinary team and enjoy small tastes of spicy tuna rolls and shrimp tempura with orange drizzle and mango, California rolls with jumbo lump crabmeat, hardwood-smoked salmon, house-smoked orange honey ham, Greek yogurt with vanilla-scented granola and fresh berries, baby iceberg wedge with Cherrywood bacon and avocado-buttermilk Ranch dressing, deviled Lake Meadow Naturals eggs, and kale and apple salad. And believe it or not, that list is just a sampling of what’s available!
Once back at their table, Guests may choose their next course from the following:
- Chef’s Frittata with three Lake Meadow Farms eggs, Florida heirloom tomatoes, roasted poblanos, chorizo, creamy goat cheese and marble potato hash
- Sweet potato pancakes with carmelized heirloom apples, dried cranberry and raisin compote, vanilla
- Pan-fried buttermilk organic chicken cutlet with haricots verts, toasted almonds, frisee, and beurre noisette
- Grilled flat-iron steak with soft poached eggs, chimichurri, marble potato hash, and charred red onion
- Custard with warm Canadian maple syrup
- Poached lobster Benedict with butter-poached tail, two soft-poached eggs, honey ham, Yuzu hollandaise, and marble potato hash
- Shrimp and grits with Gulf white shrimp and Tillamook cheddar grits, spicy tomato broth, and Espellette-spiced tomato ragout
If you have saved room after that feast, enjoy some sweet mini-treats such as chocolate truffles and macaroons.
The cost for this gastronomic extravaganza is $80.00 per adult and $48.00 for ages 3 – 11, and reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE or by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dine.