So everyone knows about SeaWorld and all their animals but wait … did you know they have rides too? You may think they will be tame since SeaWorld is such a laid back park … well you’re wrong, Here I will give you my list of top 5 thrill rides at SeaWorld Orlando.
5) Wild Arctic Ride: This is a flight simulator ride in which you are taken through the icy mountainous area of the North Pole. As you are flying you are looking at a beautiful view and a family of Polar bears. Then the White Thunder mode is engaged and you dive into the water to view the Narwals. After surfacing you are caught in an ice flow and an avalanche. Will you be able to escape to land safely? Once the ride is over you enter Base Camp where you view Beluga whales, walruses and seals.
4) Antarctica Empire of the Penguins: This is the most recent ride to open (in 2013) and one of the biggest attractions at SeaWorld. You can choose from a mild or wild ride when you enter before you are seated 8 in car held in by lap bars. This ride takes you to the South Pole and you become a gentoo penguin, Puck the penguin to be precise. The ride takes you through a day in his life from being in the water to jumping out and being chased by a snow leopard. At the end of the ride you disembark at the penguin enclosure. Make sure you bring a sweater as the penguin enclosure is kept at a temperature of -1C (30F).
3) Journey to Atlantis: So you may have tried Splash Mountain at Disney’s Magic Kingdom, this ride has the same principal – a log flume and a big splash ending, but beware on this ride as you will not come out as dry as you do on Splash Mountain. This ride takes you through a journey to the mythical land of Atlantis as you are beckoned by a beautuful siren. But all is not as it seems, as the boat goes off course and the true form of the siren is revealed.
2) Kraken: Think the 3 rides mentioned so far are still too timid? Well why not Krak on and have a go on Kraken – the mythical creature which struck fear in many a sailor out at sea. Kraken stands 149 feet tall and goes 65 mph. It is currently the fastest ride at SeaWorld. It contains seven inversions, two vertical loops, a dive loop, a cobra roll a zero-G roll and a corkscrew. It’s enough to make your hair stand on end and you get to do all of this in 2.02 minutes. That’s a fast beast.
1) Manta: On this ride you skim, glide and fly just like a stingray. Manta is 3359 feet long and at the highest point you are 140 feet off the ground. Manta consists of four inversions, a pretzel loop, two inline twists and one corkscrew. But wait – this isn’t done in your normal way – this is a unique rollercoaster on which you get the feeling of flying. There are 4 to a row and once you are seated in the cars your legs and upper torso are strapped in before being pulled back so that you are parallel to the track. Once you leave the loading station you are lifted 140 feet high and on a clear day you can see all the other parks, then you drop … head first … that’s right head first!
So, think you have a tolerance for thrills? Why not try these rides on your next visit to SeaWorld.
DIStracted Tip: A new ride is lurking beneath the water waiting for its time to rise and thrill riders. This 200 foot high ride will dominate the skies of SeaWorld. Keep your eyes open for Mako opening in 2016.