Walt Disney’s original Theme Park, Disneyland Park, is the place where it all began!
“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America … with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”
Dedication read by Walt Disney – July 17, 1955
Just south of Los Angeles, California, Disneyland Park is about 85 acres of FUN! Eight themed Lands (Main Street, U.S.A., Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Mickey’s Toontown, Frontierland, Critter Country, New Orleans Square and Adventureland) filled with timeless attractions, world-class entertainment and surprises around every turn have made this the place where dreams come true for more than five decades. No matter how many times you visit, it’s always an exciting, new experience! There is no other place like Disneyland Park!
When Disneyland Park first opened there were 18 major attractions. That number now has grown to over 60 attractions!
- The Matterhorn Bobsleds was the first tubular steel roller coaster in the world when it opened in 1959. It set the standard for modern-day roller-coaster design.
- Disneyland Park created the first daily operating monorail in the Western Hemisphere. It opened June 14, 1959.
- Disneyland began celebrating seasonal holidays in 1997 with a Holiday re-theming of “it’s a small world.” Then, in 2001, the Haunted Mansion Holiday debuted for the Halloween and Christmas seasons and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy starting in the 2009 Halloween season.
Disneyland Park Restaurant Reviews/Articles
- Hugs and Happiness Await You at Minnie & Friends-Breakfast in the Park by Pamela Charles, on Feburary 20, 2015.
- The Best Quick Service for Big Tigers at Disneyland by Jen Bauer, on February 27, 2015.
- How to Dine in Disneyland for Under $11.00 by Caroline Knowles, on January 20, 2015.
- Big Thunder Ranch BBQ-Disneyland Park by Jen Bauer, on January 18, 2015.
- Romance on the Bayou-Blue Bayou Restaurant by Renee Virata, on January 13, 2015.