Ahoy mateys! Are you ready to set sail on the Seven Seas Lagoon … pirate style? Well then, yo ho let’s go!
The Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage is a family favorite and it sets sail from Disney’s Contemporary Resort. If you are looking for a unique experience that combines Wishes Nighttime Spectacular, the Electrical Water Pageant, comedy and our favorite pirates, this is the experience for you.
Upon arrival (about an hour and 15 minutes prior to the start of Wishes) each guest is given their official bandana and seating information. Next arrives the Captain, Patch, and if it’s super busy, the other Captain, Patch. Then the party begins. While guests are munching on snack foods including popcorn and ice cream novelties, in comes none other than Captain Hook and Mr. Smee! We are HUGE fans and my boys couldn’t wait to meet their favorite pirates. Plus, there is a Disney PhotoPass photographer present to capture all of your magical memories.
Once everyone has had their fill of snacks and drinks (tea, lemonade, coffee) it is time to set sail. The Captains lead the crew down to the docks, with a send-off by Captain Hook and Mr. Smee.
Once on the water, the first encounter is the Electrical Water Pageant. It is an up-close and intimate view of this 44-year tradition. As the journey continues, Patch entertains guests with jokes and tales of the high seas. While waiting for Wishes to start, special celebrations are recognized (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.).
DIStracted TIP – Be sure to let cast members know upon booking if you have a celebration.
Then it is time for the main event. As Wishes Nighttime Spectacular begins, the music is piped onto the boat. I cannot even begin to describe how incredible it is to sit in Seven Seas Lagoon watching fireworks explode above Cinderella Castle.
At the conclusion of Wishes, the journey back begins and it is entertaining. Patch is extremely witty and leads guests in rounds of Disney trivia. Plus, there are prizes for the winners!
When we arrived back to the dock we were greeted by a special visitor! He was wonderful and extremely patient with my overly tired, and star-struck 3-year-old. There is nothing like watching your little one’s face as he talks Never Land with his hero.
Call (407) 939-7529 to book this cruise. As of this writing, the cost is $34 child and $59 adult.
DIStracted Tips –
- Reservations are accepted 180 days in advance. Book early to ensure you get the day you want. Days and times vary depending on the time of year.
- Ask to sit on the left side of the boat upon booking as that is the side that has the direct view of Wishes.
- If you have little ones, sitting toward the front of the boat is easier. With 2 boats going out, the line to meet the special guest is pretty long. We waited about 25 minutes and it was well past our little guys’ bedtime.
- If you have little ones, you do not need a stroller. While strollers are welcome, keep in mind that having one may hold things up at the end while waiting for cast members to unload it.
- For the uber planners, budget about 2-2.5 hours for the entire event.