It is that time of the year. The “slow” time for Walt Disney World when they close a lot of attractions for refurbishment. Sadly, the best time of the year to travel there (crowd wise) also happens to be the worst time for attractions! Here is a list of the locations which closed today:
- Splash Mountain – Magic Kingdom Park. Splash Mountain will be closed until January 31, 2015.
- Creature Comforts Store – Animal Kingdom Park (Discovery Island). Creature Comforts will be closed until June 14, 2014.
- Blizzard Beach Water Park Blizzard Beach will be closed until March 14, 2015.
- Flame Tree BBQ – Animal Kingdom Park. Flame Tree BBQ will be closed until March 31, 2015.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table – Magic Kingdom Park. CRT will be closed until March 6, 2015
- Stormalong Bay Slide – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort. The slide will be closed until February 2, 2015.
Later this month look for the following closures:
- Art of Animation’s Big Blue Pool – closing January 12 – 15, 2015.
- Art of Animation’s Little Mermaid Pool – closing January 15-16, 2015.
- Kali River Rapids (Animal Kingdom Park) – closing January 20, 2015 – February 9, 2015.
- Liberty Square Riverboat (Magic Kingdom Park) – closing January 23 -27, 2015.
Additionally, Tide Me Over Food Court located at Disney’s Hilton Head Island will be closing January 12-February 27, 2015. Disney’s Vero Beach Resort beach will begin a renourishment phase January 19, 2015 -February 23, 2015. The beach will be closed during this time.
As always, we update our Refurbishment Schedule for Walt Disney World Resort on a weekly basis. You can find the most up to date information by visiting our Refurbishment Page.