Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, also referred to as CSR, is one of five Walt Disney World Moderate Resorts. The Moderate Resorts are a step up from the Value Resorts in that the Resorts themselves are nicer and have a lot more amenities to offer the guests. The average rate per night is approximately $187.67 before tax. Coronado Springs Resort has 1,967 rooms and suites. Each standard room is approximately 314 square feet. The Coronado Springs Resort is located in the Animal Kingdom Resort area, not far from Blizzard Beach water park. The resort is Disney’s first moderately priced convention hotel, featuring a 220,000-square-foot convention center with meeting and exhibit space and one of the largest hotel ballrooms in the southeast.
The Resort is built around Lago Dorado, a 15-acre lake. There are three villages that make up the Resort: Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabanas. The central building of Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is named El Centro where you will find the main lobby and the check-in desk. There are three (3) leisure pools, one for each village (Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabanas) in the Resort. The main swimming pool at the resort, the Dig Site Pool, which features the Jaguar waterside which is 123 feet long and over 16 feet tall. The focal point of the Dig Site Pool is a 50 foot tall Mayan Pyramid. This is where all of the action is! The volleyball court is also located near the Dig Site Pool.
Coronado Springs Resort Room Options
- Standard Room 2 Queens. These standard rooms will sleep up to four (4) and feature 2 queen beds. These rooms offer views of a courtyard or parking area.
- Standard Room 1 King. These standard rooms will sleep up to three (3) (with a crib) and features 1 King bed. These rooms offer views of a courtyard or parking area.
- Preferred Location Rooms. These rooms closest to the Food court, Feature Pool, Transportation, and Main Building. Preferred Rooms offer views of the lake, courtyard, or parking area. **DIStracted tip: The fee is worth every penny!!
- Water view Rooms. Water view rooms offer views of a pool view or lake view.
- Handicapped Accessible Rooms. These rooms are available for those with wheelchairs, as well as those needing TTY equipment. The TTY equipment is available upon request at check-in. Service animals are welcome.
- Junior Double Suite. This Suite has 1 King bed and 1 sleeper sofa and will sleep up to four (4). Junior Double Suites offer views of courtyards.
- One bedroom Suite. This Suite has 2 Queen beds and 1 Queen sleeper sofa and will sleep up to six (6). One bedroom Suites offer views of the lake or courtyards.
- Executive two bedroom Suite. This Suite has 2 Queen beds and 1 King bed and will sleep up to six (6). Executive Suites offer views of courtyards.
The Casitas guest rooms are located in three and four story buildings and are themed after urban areas of the Southwestern United States.
The guest rooms of the Ranchos Village can be found at the far end of the resort and are designed into two and three story pueblos associated with the American Southwest.
The Cabanas Village consist of four two-story buildings which sit beside an inlet of Lago Dorado. This section is themed around small fishing villages one may find in Mexico.
Coronado Springs Resort Room Amenities
- Alarm Clock
- Beverage Cooler
- Ceiling Fan
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Bucket
- In-Room Safe
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Pool Towels
- Table & Chairs
- Vanity Area
- Voice Mail
- Wireless Internet
Upon Request (subject to availability)
- Bed Boards/Rails
- Crib: Pack ‘N Play
- International Electrical Adapter
- Rollaway Bed ($15/night).
Coronado Springs Resort Dining Options
Maya Grill, the Table Service restaurant located on-site features Tex-Mex cuisine. You can dine here between the hours of 5:00-10:00 pm. There are three (3) Quick Service dining locations to choose from at Coronado Springs: Cafe Rix, Pepper Market (Food Court), and Siestas Cantina (Pool Bar). In-Room Dining is available 7am to 11pm with a limited menu.
Coronado Springs Resort Amenities
- Three quiet pools
- Dig Site Pool
- Children’s wading pool with central spouting fountain
- La Marina Boat rentals
- Whirlpool spa
- Massage Services
- Bike Rentals (regular or surrey)
- La Vida Health Club (24/7)
- Casa de Belleza Hairstyling salon
- Iguana Arcade
- Explorer’s Playground
- Outdoor movies are available each evening
- Beach Volleyball court
- Special resort activities
- Coin Laundry available
- ATM machine
- Lago Dorado (15 Acre Lake)
– Disney Resort Benefits
– Panchitos gifts and Sundries located in El Centro (8am-11pm) (6:30 am-11:00 pm)
– Dry cleaning and laundry service
Check In/Check Out
3:00 PM / 11:00 AM
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000
Fiesta Fun at Coronado Springs Resort was posted by Claudette E. on January 20, 2015.
A Disney Nightclub? Check Out Rix Lounge was written by Katy M. on May 27, 2015.