Unlike Walt Disney World, once you walk out of the main entrance to Disneyland Resort you are back in the “real world”… And the dining options are endless!
We recently were looking for a new place to have dinner and walked past The Pizza Press on our way back to our hotel. As we walked past the air surrounding the restaurant made our mouths water and all of us were like “P-I-Z-Z-A!”
The Pizza Press is a fairly newer restaurant and specializes in letting customers write their own pizza story! The Signature menu features a pizza named after a few of the most well known newspapers from around the United States, but the most popular item has to be the “Publish Your Own” pizza. This 10-inch pizza lets guests use their imaginations to create their very own newsworthy pizza. Guests get to choose a wide range of ingredients that include five (5) different sauces, ten (10) cheeses and many fresh vegetables!
- Sauces- red sauces, spicy red sauce, white sauce, pink sauce, extra virgin olive oil
- Extras- minced garlic, roasted garlic cloves, sundried tomatoes, caramelized onions
- Cheeses- mozzarella, pearlini mozzarella, aged parmesan, gorgonzola, hand-crumbled feta, aged sharp cheddar, smoked gouda, ricatta, chevre, vegan cheese($1 extra on any pizza)
- Meats- Pepperoni, bourbon bacon, grilled chicken breast, sweet Italian link sausage, smoked ham
- Vegetables- Spanish black olives, Kalamata olives, pineapple, sliced jalapenos, red onion, crimini mushrooms, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts, green bell peppers, scallions, roasted zucchini & squash, roasted red peppers, spinach, kale
- Finishers- basil, cilantro, wild arugula, thyme, balsamic glaze, basil pesto, ranch dressing, sriracha, Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce, Frank’s Red Hot sauce, chimichurri sauce
With all of these amazing ingredients guests can let their imagination run wild and create a new pizza every visit!
We were pretty “boring” in our choices and ordered two (2) of the “publish your own” one basic half mozzarella and half pepperoni and one pepperoni and roasted garlic. Both were delicious! My kids shared the pepperoni pizza, but there is “The Junior Editor” that includes a special 6-inch pizza with up to 2 toppings, a cookie and a fountain drink. My kids gobbled up their pizza with no complaints and asked if we could go back the next day.
DIStracted Tip: The Pizza Press offers online ordering with pick up! This is great for those guests leaving Disneyland that are looking for a wonderful meal without the wait. Just order from your smartphone and pick up on your way to your hotel!
I highly recommend give The Pizza Press a chance on your next visit to Disneyland Resort. Trust me when I say you won’t be disappointed!
Please take a moment to sign up for the Magical DIStractions newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+, so you can be kept up-to-date on all the latest news and articles! Our YouTube channel features videos taken by our team and new videos will be added soon. Want to interact with the Magical DIStraction team members? Join us for conversations in our Facebook group.