There are numerous perks and discounts at Walt Disney World Resort for people who are in the know. One lesser known program is Tables in Wonderland (formerly named Disney Dining Experience). Tables in Wonderland is a dining discount program for eligible Florida Residents, Disney Vacation Club members and Annual/Seasonal Passholders who are 21 years of age or older. Members receive 20% off of food and beverages at most Walt Disney World Resort hotel and theme park sit-down restaurants. The discount is also applied at the food courts of the value resorts (All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, All-Star Movies, Pop Century and Art of Animation) and several hotel lounges in Walt Disney World Resort.
I discovered this little gem a few years ago and have used it ever since. Tables in Wonderland has never failed to pay for itself in any year that I have been a member. One of my favorite uses for the membership was at Victoria & Albert’s but sadly as of August 2014, the restaurant stopped participating in the program. But we still use it for all of our other dining needs. For example a Category 1 adult ticket for the late show (8p.m.) Spirit of Aloha dinner show runs about $70 but with the discount it would cost $56, a savings of $14 per ticket!
Tables in Wonderland Information
Current 2015 Pricing:
- Florida Residents: $125.00
- Disney Vacation Club members and Annual/Seasonal Passholders: $100.00
- Add a second membership for your spouse or partner for only $50 more. Note: second member must show ID that has same address as primary member.
To purchase Tables in Wonderland
- Florida Residents and Annual/Seasonal Passholders can either call the office at (407) 566-5858, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern. Allow several weeks for processing. Or just visit Guest Relations at Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, or Downtown Disney to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card.
- Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Members must visit a Guest Relations location to purchase Tables in Wonderland membership. Be prepared to present your Photo ID and your DVC Membership Card.
- Members receive a 20% discount on all food and beverage (including alcohol) at participating table-service Disney restaurants.
- A gratuity of 18% will be added to all Tables in Wonderland table service transactions, regardless of party size. There is no gratuity added at any of the participating Counter Service locations.
- The discount is good for up to 10 guests in your party
- The Tables in Wonderland discount is good for up to 10 people including the member, as long as everyone is on the same check, and the Tables in Wonderland member is paying the bill. If you have the Tables in Wonderland card, and your spouse or partner has the Tables in Wonderland secondary card, together you may cover up to 20 people (including the primary and secondary members)
- Complimentary parking for the purposes of dining:
- Theme Parks:
- After 5 p.m. daily, show membership card at the ticket booth then proceed to park in the lot for free.
- Before 5 p.m., pay parking at the toll booth, then after dining, present dining receipt and parking ticket, along with Tables in Wonderland card at Guest Relations for a refund if you have been in the park less than three hours.
- Walt Disney World Resorts – when dining at a Walt Disney World resort hotel, valet parking is complimentary for one car per membership card. After dining, present a dining receipt and your membership card at the valet stand.
- There will be a charge for parking and valet services, on Tables in Wonderland blockout dates
- Dinner Shows:
- Several Dinner Shows participate in Tables in Wonderland , such as Spirit of Aloha and Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue). Simply request the Tables in Wonderland discount when you book. The discount is usually only available for certain shows (i.e. the late show of Spirit of Aloha). Arrive early at the venue and show a valid Tables in Wonderland card at ticket pick-up to retain the discount. If the discount was not applied when you booked, a refund can also be given at ticket pick-up if you show your card.
- The same rules apply for any other pre-paid meal reservation
- Disney Dining Plan Collaboration:
- When using Disney Dining Plan, Tables in Wonderland members can still use the discount on any food or beverage at a participating restaurant, above and beyond what the Disney Dining Plan covers. For example, at a Tables in Wonderland participating restaurant, the meal could be covered by using Disney Dining Plan credits and the Tables in Wonderland discount could be applied to a bottle of wine, appetizers etc.
- Exclusive invitations to special dining events.
- Includes special Food and Wine events, Winemaker dinners, and celebrity chef dinners, and other events throughout the year
- These events, while exclusive to Tables in Wonderland members, are not included in the cost of membership and the price varies by event
Rules of use:
- Member must be present to receive discount. Occasionally you will be asked for photo ID.
- Discount only applies to member’s check, so no asking the server to split the check.
- Theme park admission is required when dining in theme park restaurants.
- This discount cannot be used in combination with any other discount, nor can it be combined with any other package such as Fantasmic! Dinner Package, Epcot Food and Wine Festival Events, and Candlelight Dinner Packages.
- Tables in Wonderland is valid for 1 year from month of purchase – it usually expires at the end of the month so if it is purchased on Dec 1, 2015, the expiration would be Dec 31, 2016
- Participating restaurants are subject to change.
- Certain restrictions apply during holidays and special events
For more information, including a list of current participating restaurants and blackout dates, see the online brochure: www.tablesinwonderland.com