Top 5 Restaurants at the Disneyland Resort
It’s the holiday season again and with Thanksgiving coming up, it’s making me think of one thing: FOOD! I polled some of my friends and my Disney Facebook groups to come up with a list of the top 5 restaurants at the Disneyland Resort. The countdown will start at 5 and work it’s way down to one. Here we go!
– Carthay Circle, located in Disney California Adventure, is an upscale restaurant which is a re-creation of the Carthay Circle Theater that was once in Los Angeles (Most noteworthy, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs premiered there!). This restaurant serves the best dessert I’ve ever had, the Warm Dulce De Leche Marshmallow Turnover with butter popcorn ice cream. Now you may read butter popcorn ice cream and think that seems like it would not be good, but let me tell you, it’s amazing!!! The flavors just work because the sweet and the salty go together perfectly.
– Café Orleans, located in New Orleans Square at Disneyland Park is a great sit down option with delicious Cajun-Creole style food. People rave about the braised beef crepe and it iss home to the popular Monte Cristo sandwich. I’m a big fan of their Pommes Frites or french fries.
4. Steakhouse 55: Located at the Disneyland Hotel, Steakhouse 55 is a popular fine dining restaurant. I have not had the pleasure of dining there yet but after seeing these good recommendations, I will have to try it! Most of all, anywhere that has a 24 layer cake is a must see in my book.
Halfway through the list and I’m starving!
3. Carnation Café: A fun café located in the heart of Main Street U.S.A. at Disneyland Park. I love getting breakfast here because of the Mickey shaped waffles (and I love that you can also get them gluten free) but it is good for any meal of the day.
DIStracted Tip: Ensure your seat! Due to popularity of these restaurants and/or meals, reservations are recommended.
2. Plaza Inn: My personal favorite! Their pasta and fried chicken are to die for. The Minnie & Friends -Breakfast in the Park buffet is also delicious and has an added bonus of having characters! I also love sitting by the window or outside and looking out onto Main Street U.S.A.
Drum roll please…
1. Blue Bayou Restaurant! This restaurant got twice as many votes as the #2 restaurant. It’s no wonder with the best atmosphere in the whole Disneyland Resort, it seems like everyone wants to eat there. The Blue Bayou Restaurant is located inside the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at Disneyland Park. The fare is Cajun-Creole and this herb marinated flat iron steak looks absolutely amazing.
There you have it! The top 5 restaurants at the Disneyland Resort. However, there are so many wonderful restaurants, we could have talked about them all day! Now I want to hear from you, what is your favorite restaurant at the Disneyland Resort?