Summer is winding down, most schools are in session and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) at the Walt Disney World Resort is again looming on the eerie, misty, ghost-filled horizon. Last year I gave you 8 magical reasons to attend the event (you can check it out HERE). I thought this year I would update you on some changes Guests will notice at this year’s parties.
- There are MORE parties! This year Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park plays ghostly host to 29 nights of MNSSHP, more than ever before and 4 more than last year. The good news is that more Guests will get a chance to join in the fun. The not-so-good news? For those not attending a party, The Magic Kingdom will close to them at 7:00 PM on more nights than last year (Party Guests receive a MNSSHP wristband; those without bands are escorted to the park exits).
- Disney is getting the party started even earlier this year by about a week and a half. Opening night is September 2, the Friday night of Labor Day weekend, so early September Guests may have the chance to attend their very first MNSSHP!
2016 MNSSHP dates:
September—2, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 29, 30
October—2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31
- The final party is on Halloween night. This change has upset a few November Guests who typically attend the final party at the beginning of their vacations. This year there are no November parties.
- Cost: It probably is no surprise that prices have climbed again this year. Prices vary, based on the date you plan to attend and costs are lower when tickets are purchased in advance. The least expensive tickets are for select September dates, $72.00 per adult (age 10 and up) and $67.00 for children ages 3-9. Children under 3 are free. Attending the final party on Halloween night bring the cost up to $105.00 per Disney adult and $100.00 for children.
- Costumes: Disney has altered their policy on costumes this year, so while dressing up is definitely still part of the fun, there are a few new restrictions in place to ensure the safety of all Guests.
- Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
For Guests ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests ages 14 and older:
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- May not wear masks of any kind.
MNSSHP Guests can still look forward to all of the spook-tacular entertainment that the parties are know for: Character meet-and-greets, Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade, Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular, Celebrate the Magic-Halloween edition, Dance parties, “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks and of course Trick-or-Treat fun around the Magic Kingdom. Special snacks and merchandise will also be available for party-goers, as usual. For more information or to purchase tickets, CLICK HERE. Happy Haunting!
Please take a moment to sign up for the Magical DIStractions newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+, so you can be kept up-to-date on all the latest news and articles! Our YouTube channel features videos taken by our team and new videos will be added soon. Believe me when I say, you don’t want to miss a single thing!